It’s #ScandalThursday, it’s #ScandalThursday!
My fellow gladiators, the day has finally arrived. No longer shall we spend our Thursday nights at 10 pm EST unable to “Cope Without Pope.” I am so excited about this evening’s episode, and can’t wait to crack open my bottle of red wine and pop some delicious corn!
Since I have become so emotionally invested in this show over the past two years, I’ve picked up a few nuggets of wisdom along the way. Shonda Rhimes is a QUEEN and shall forever be praised for her brilliant mind. To help you all prepare for tonight’s brand new episode, here are five quick lessons I’ve picked up from this season of Scandal:
1. When dealing with your parents, remain fair and balanced. Both Eli and Maya Pope are goons to the twelfth power, which is probably very overwhelming for Olivia. But the best thing she can (and should) do is to leverage their power to not only get all of her questions answered, but to upgrade her game and the crew at Pope & Associates. I know – Olivia Pope is already formidable, but who says you can’t become even greater?
2. If you’re going to blackmail someone (using your spouse as bait), at least give them a heads up. If ever you find yourself in a situation (and I really hope you don’t) where you absolutely MUST bring in your husband or wife back -up, it’s common courtesy to brief them on the plan. Poor James walked into the situation blind as a bat, but lucky for him he was able to put pieces of the puzzle together quickly. While I don’t condone cheating by any means, Cyrus had that one coming to him for sure.
3. Never bite the hand that feeds you. This one is for you Quinn Perkins. It’s one thing to explore different career opportunities. but at least be honest about what your doing. And as you pursue your new line of work, don’t try to come for the person that gave you a second chance to be great. You tried it Quinn — good luck trying to get back in the fold honey.
4. Avoid chatting about ‘getting it on’ with your lady to her dad. This goes without saying, but Fitz really tried it here. Hence why he received the ultimate read from Daddy Eli. Stay in your lane Fitz. Stay in your lane.
5. Keep hope alive for making jam in Vermont. I know what you’re thinking: “Chas, Olivia is a hot mess and shouldn’t even be with Fitz!” True, but I can’t help but love them! And she was very right to tell him not to sell the house just yet. We all know that this probably won’t end well, but hey – at least they’ve got a little get-a-way love nest in the meantime! 😉
What are you most excited about for tonight’s episode? Shoot me a tweet or comment below!