I know that we’ve still got a little bit of summer left, but I can’t help but think about the beauty of fall. From the leaves changing colors to the freshness of the autumn breeze, next to winter, fall definitely takes the cake. Do you remember the 21st night of September? Well to help jog your memory, here are a things about autumn that I absolutely adore:
1. Starbucks drinks. Caramel Apple Cider and Pumpkin Spiced Lattes are by far my favorite fall beverages. There’s just something so comforting about holding on tightly to that white mug full of delicious coffee and walking through the streets of Washington, D.C. on a cool fall day.
2. New wardrobe. Loft, Express, and ASOS stay having the most epic sales during the fall. My go-to outfit on a typical day would be jeans, a comfy cardigan and a pair of signature riding boots. *swoon* And now that we can shop H+M online, I am most definitely going to be digging into some new styles for this season.
3. The return of my favorite television shows. Scandal returns OCTOBER 3rd, 2013. That is all.
4. Homecoming celebrations. If you live in The District, you know that Homecoming @ Howard University is one of epic proportions. From YardFest to the countless parties held around the city, I definitely enjoy hanging with my friends that attended HU and in celebrating their alma mater. And when I can, I do my best to return to my alma mater to celebrate Orange Central with my fellow ‘Cuse alumni.
5. Thanksgiving. It’s a great time to join together with family and friends over great food and fellowship. I’ve had the chance to spend the last three Thanksgivings here in D.C. and I have enjoyed every minute of it.
6. The weather. I honestly believe that spending four years in Upstate New York has allowed me to fall in love with autumn so much. Syracuse, New York is absolutely beautiful during the autumn months, and when I do have the chance to visit the region, I will always jump at the chance. Even here in DMV, there are many awesome street festivals, apple farms and wineries in Virginia, and haunted hayrides just in time for Halloween making living on the east coast oh-so sweet.
What are some of your favorite things about autumn? Tweet me or leave your comments below!