It’s that time of year again: graduation is upon us, and thousands of recent grads and college students will be flocking to cities like Washington, D.C., New York, and Los Angeles to live the lavish life of a summer intern.
Okay, so maybe it isn’t that glamorous, but I can speak first hand that being an intern is probably one of the most difficult but rewarding experiences you will ever have in your career.
In lieu of the thousands of companies looking for summer help, PR Daily decided to post a few tips for those lucky individuals who will be interning full time this summer. Here are a few ways on how NOT to be a rockstar intern:
1. Ignore criticism and continue doing things your way.
2. Sit around and relax while you wait for your next assignment.
3. Give half an effort—it’s only an internship.
4. Huff and puff over grunt work.
5. Don’t ask questions; instead, assume you will do it right.
6. Constantly refresh social media sites on your computer and smart phone.
7. Just get up and leave when it’s time for you to go.
8. Don’t make friends.
9. Talk all the time and share every detail of your life.
10. Never say a word and sneakily linger around others.